Monday, May 23, 2011

Just Another Manic Monday

My head is full of images this morning.  Spent a couple of hours walking through VERY recent F2 tornado damage in North Minneapolis with my husband.
We happened upon the site only a couple of hours after the tornado struck and the neighborhood was literally in shock.  People sitting on their front steps of their damaged homes with trees uprooted and a shell-shocked look to them.  Everyone that we encountered was physically ok, but unfortunately there was no help for these people at first.
After nearly 90 minutes climbing around the damage and checking in with folks we finally saw our first police car and the beginnings of the city clean up crew.  Power lines were down all around us and people finally started clearing brush and trees mostly by themselves.  So sad, I have been thinking about it a lot today.

This did NOT happen in my neighborhood, but we were only a few miles away and all we got was the tornado siren and a large storm.

Thankfully the city is in clean up mode and it sounds like everyone is getting help at this point.

I have also completed drawing two more illustrations for my husband's iPad game he has been developing for months.  This is really his baby as he has a bit of a gamer geek past and has been coming up with ideas for as long as I have known him.  I just helped a bit with the creation of the sprite sheets, which were actually rather challenging!  I don't dare post them here as my husband is very hush hush about his game until we actually get approved by Apple.  I can say it is very similar to a casual game like Angry Birds but minus the design assistance of a large scale Finnish team.

No comments:

Post a Comment