Friday, June 1, 2012

These are the people in my neighborhood


A true art lover will never criticize any work of art.  They will try to see the sweetness or genius within the piece even if it's just a flipping blue circle against a white backdrop.  I am trying to keep this in mind as I watch my neighbor hang outside her window this morning and hand paint flowers and grass on the outside of her house.

I ask her if I can take a picture of her masterpiece and she smiles and enthusiastically says I can and asks if I have any requests for what she is to paint next.  "Ummm how about just plain white paint across your entire house?" is how I want to respond, but I am trying not to laugh too loudly.

Further down the street I see another neighbor has hung a chalkboard from her shed, because chalkboards belong outside apparently, and has written a sweet message to everyone who passes.

"Hey there beautiful" it says.

I think I have decided that property values are over-rated and that quirky neighbors are cool.  I guess I am feeling extra patient today.

1 comment: